At the intersection of the old roads from Aschaffenburg to Lohr and north to the Birkenhainer Straße lies our farm "Weiberhof" (today Schlosshotel Weyberhöfe). A convenient place for traffic: the railroad line, the federal road 26 and the highway A3 lead here into the Spessart.
Around 1265, the archbishop of Mainz, Werner von Eppstein, had the Castrum Vivarium built here. This can be imagined as a stone tower with farm buildings, an animal garden, a kitchen garden and a fish pond.
The complex was built here because of its favorable location on the road connection to the Spessart, as a counterweight to the castle built by the Counts of Rieneck near Rottenberg. The "Weiberhof" was probably destroyed in the Markgräfler War around 1552, because Archbishop Daniel Brendel von Homburg revived the complex with a new building around 1580.
The Weiberhof, which was now the name of the complex, was leased out as a manorial estate with a mill.